Finally, the days of spending long hours in a room filled with frustrated women discussing their miserable lives and backbiting about friends…
Of smiling and nodding like I really cared about their conversations…
Of hairdressers speaking – no, more like shouting – over my head…
…Those days are long gone!
I have found a new way to look good with less stress!
This newfound love does not demand 100% of my attention. It is ready-to-wear and easy to take off – for a scratch, every now and then, or to get cool air onto my head on those very hot days! My newfound love is not clingy, has no separation anxiety and can stand alone.
It requires very little care or time and does not mind having a few other siblings to take on its role if the need arises. It is not reliant on a needle, thread or gum…
Y’all know what I’m talking about: Wigs! Wigs are it!
Wigs give you the flexibility to spice up your accessories or try on different hairstyles without damaging or stressing your actual hair. I’m sure a lot of women can relate to this type of loving relationship.
Wigs have also caused a bit of laziness in women. We tend to neglect our own hair since it’s always covered up. Wigs also tend to slip off unexpectedly, leaving many a woman exposed and embarrassed in public. Many men have also been led astray by the “W” until the women take off their wigs and reveal the mess of hair – or no hair at all – that lies beneath.
So, to avoid scarring the Bae when it’s time for the W to come off, here are a few tips for taking care of our hair underneath our wigs:
- Ensure you shampoo, deep-condition and keep your hair moisturized.
- If you’re a not a Naturalista (how many of us are?), try to prolong the periods between the times you relax your hair, say 4 times a year. You can choose what is most comfortable for your hair type.
- Opt for wigs with netted caps as opposed to cotton or nylon caps. Cotton and nylon caps absorb all the moisture in your hair, leading to dry or damaged hair.
- Wear neat braids to keep your hair in place – this prevents your hair from becoming a tangled mess.
- Make sure your wigs are comfortable, and not too tight. You can use hair clips to keep your wig in place if need be.
- Above all, try not to sleep with the wig so you can allow your hair to breathe.
I wish you a happy wig experience!
Sidebar: we left you with the cool girl slang for wigs. W. Yes W 🙂